While a sedan might be the first image that pops into your mind when you think about a car, that might not be the case for much longer. In 2019, SUVs and pickups accounted for 70 percent of the market, boasting a massive 5.9 million sales from January to June alone as opposed to the 2.5 million sales for cars.
Moreover, the last time cars outsold SUVs and trucks was over ten years ago, in 2009. Let’s try and see why SUVs have become so popular with individuals and companies worldwide.
Advantages of an SUV
There are many advantages an SUV has over a regular car. They are convenient, robust, and more fuel-efficient and stylish than ever before.
- Practicality – The SUVs roomy interior makes it able to carry more weight than the usual hatchback or estate. At the same time, most SUV models’ generous height is beneficial for taller/larger folks.
- Safety – SUVs are at an advantage safety-wise because of their sturdy frames. Typically, these cars are assembled on a much more robust truck chassis, resulting in a higher protection level.
- Fuel efficiency – The car manufacturers have realized that not everybody wants an SUV for typical off-roading and towing purposes. Thus, the SUV/Crossover segment was born as an affordable, environmentally-friendly, fuel-efficient SUV option.
- Robustness – Compared to a regular car, the foundations of an SUV are built on much sturdier and more robust frames, enabling a more durable and powerful capability.
- Towing capabilities – Finally, many SUVs have larger, more powerful engines, making it a better option for towing weighty assets than regular cars.
Fleet leasing VS ownership
All of the reasons listed above should be enough for you to consider the option of getting a fleet lease in Ireland or anywhere else you might be. If you are not convinced, here are several advantages that fleet leasing has over purchasing when acquiring your commercial fleet vehicles.
- Improved cash flow – leasing deals, in general, require smaller down payments than loans. As a result, you’ll have more operating capital, which can mean an improved market position for your company.
- Improved corporate image – whether we like to admit it or not, looks matter. This is especially true in the corporate world. Having a uniform fleet of new SUVs at your disposal can make your brand or business more recognizable and boost your company’s public perception.
- Less hassle with administration – property taxes and license renewals are the responsibility of the vehicle owner. By leasing your SUVs, you can transfer these duties to the leasing company. This means there will be less paperwork for you to handle.
- Greater access to vehicles – commercial leasing companies have almost no limitations when it comes to obtaining an SUV that would suit your company’s needs. This increased access level can lower your overall cost of leasing and ensure that you receive the exact vehicles you want.
- Impact on the financial bottom line – generally speaking, leased vehicles are regarded as business expenses rather than corporate assets. As such, they don’t have to be reported on the balance sheet as assets or debts. This can have a significant impact on your company’s prospects in the investment marketplace.
As you can see, there are plenty of reasons for you to choose leasing over buying a fleet of SUVs for your business.
Best current deals
Here is a list of best deals when it comes to leasing an SUV in the last quarter of 2020. One of these makes and models is guaranteed to fit your needs and even suit your personal preferences.
- 2020 Honda HR-V – This Honda is a vehicle with excellent fuel economy and agile handling. With plenty of cargo space that utilizes a trademarked Magic Seat system, it has plenty of room to meet your storage needs.
- 2020 Ford EcoSport – The Ford EcoSport is a nimble subcompact SUV. This gives it greater maneuverability in urban areas and close quarters. The SE variant also has a push-button start, a leather steering wheel, and many technological upgrades. These include automatic climate control, heated front seats, and the SYNC 3 infotainment system.
- 2020 Chevrolet Equinox – This Chevy new standard driver assistance features lane departure warning, forward collision warning, and pedestrian detection. It also has an excellent predicted reliability rating, gets good gas mileage, and has composed handling.
- 2021 Hyundai Kona – Here, we have a sporty subcompact SUV with composed handling and a modern, upscale interior. The Kona also comes equipped with standard driver assistance features such as forward collision avoidance, lane-keep assist tech, and a driver drowsiness monitor.
- 2020 Mazda CX-3 – For 2020, Mazda has added the i-Activsense driver assistance system as standard equipment. This package includes adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, automatic high beams, a head-up display, blind-spot monitoring, and forward-collision warning.
- 2020 Jeep Renegade – This SUV has a commanding driving position and plenty of head- and legroom. It also has impressive off-road capabilities, especially for a subcompact SUV.
- 2020 Nissan Rogue Sport – this Nissan offers lots of cargo space and plenty of standard tech and safety features. These include driver assistance features, such as the Nissan Safety Shield 360 system.
- 2021 Kia Seltos – this is a newcomer to the subcompact SUV market. It offers plenty of storage space and room for people inside, so much so that the Seltos even offers a standard reclining rear seat.
- 2020 Jeep Compass – the easiest way to describe this vehicle is to say it is the Jeep Grand Cherokee’s scaled-down version. Besides its solid off-road chops, it also has the intuitive Uconnect infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- 2020 Kia Sportage – Kia Sportage has a unique, futuristic style and a comfortable ride, composed handling, and a roomy cabin with handsome materials.
Making the right financial moves in the competitive marketplace can be critical to ongoing success. Opting for commercial fleet leasing to purchase vehicles for corporate use can offer significant economic and practical advantages for modern companies.
Consider this option, and one of the models suggested here to create an impressive and financially stable image for your business.